· ALWAYS START EVERY FOOTBALL SESSION WITH PRAYERS
· THE FOOTBALL ACADEMY AIM IS TO BUILD CHARACTER, USING FOOTBALL AS AN OUTLET TO PRACTICE & DEMONSTRATE LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE ETC
· PLAY WITH THE RIGHT FOOTWEAR (i.e. appropriate football boot for type of pitch used) AND NECESSARY PLAYING ACCESSORIES, e.g. socks, shin pads etc.
· NO FORM OF AGGRESSIVE PLAY IS ALLOWED. (e.g. No sliding tackles, pushing or kicking during practice or coaching sessions)
· NO BAD/OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE/WORD(s) ALLOWED. (Swear words: e.g. F…, S…, N…., cursing, abusing team mates or anyone)
· NO ARGUMENTS WITH THE COACH AND/OR REFEREE ALLOWED. (Their decision is final, even if it seems a mistake at the time, this can be discussed at the closing session)
· TEAMS ARE CHOSEN AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COACH, SOME PRACTICE SESSIONS MAY INVOLVE MIXING MALE AND FEMALE PLAYERS. (SUCH GAMES ARE DESIGNED TO CALM MALES, BUILDING SELF-CONTROL AND RESPECT FOR THE OPPOSITE SEX)
· ANY FOUL COMMITTED ON A FEMALE PLAYER ANYWHERE/AREA OF THE PITCH ATTRACTS A PENALTY KICK. (Penalty to be taken by the female player)
· NO SIDE TALKS WHILE INFORMATION & INSTRUCTION(s) IS BEING GIVEN BY THE COACH OR SOMEONE ELSE. (If you have anything you’d like to say, please signify by RAISING YOUR HAND)
· PLAY TO INSTRUCTIONS AS GIVEN BY THE COACH OR TEAM CAPTAIN AT THE SESSION
· THE GAMES ARE PLAYED DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS THAT SHOW UP EACH SESSION AS FOLLOWS:
– Ideally: 11-a-side; 7-a-side; 5-a-side: everyone divided into teams
– Captains appointed to take full responsibility of the conduct of their team players
– Each game runs for 10 – 15 minutes (as decided by ref); the team that wins with highest goals stays on and a new team comes in for a 10 – 15 minute game
– Whenever there is a draw, the new team stays on and defending champions go out. However for the first game ending in a draw, a toss of coin decides the team that will go out. (It’s roll in, roll out sessions; continuously till end the day’s session. It allows players to have rest breaks, watch and strategize)
· AT THE CLOSE OF EVERY FOOTALL SESSION, THE COACH DOES A REVIEW OF EVERYONE’S CONDUCT; ADDRESSES ISSUES OF CONCERN AND SETS TARGETS OF GOALS TO ACHIEVE NEXT FOOTBALL SESSION.